Lately I have been getting mobile phone calls from The Mine, desperate to have me back in one of the welfare roles I used to inhabit. So today I am off to The Mine with a republished CV and a form of application to become what used to known impolitely as a “retread” — a retired teacher returning to service. I have no intention to do anything major though. Forty years (not just at The Mine) really is enough.
Popular right now
- Assimilation, Integration, Multiculturalism: policy and practice in Australia since 1966 1
- Two Australian poems of World War II
- Friday Australian poem #3: A D Hope, "The Death of a Bird"
- Friday Australian poem # 6: Mary Gilmore, "Nationality" and "Old Botany Bay"
- Louis Nowra on Lateline last night
- Friday Australian poem #16: Banjo Paterson "Fur and Feathers"
- Information control in this digital age
- Remembering the 1950s: Beyond the White Picket Fence
- Is Dalkeith the Worst Movie Ever Made?
10 Top Clicks
- last post February 5, 2013
- Saw Peter Weir’s “The Last Wave” over the weekend on NITV February 4, 2013
- Well said, Bert February 2, 2013
- Brilliant article on Google, plus an English teaching thing February 1, 2013
- The dreaded Stats Post January 31, 2013
Rant guide2007 in review Aussie interest blogging Brendan Nelson climate change Computers and WWW Cultural and other Current affairs Diversions Education Events Faith and philosophy Films, DVDs, TV gay life/issues immigration Indigenous Australians Israel Jim Belshaw Kevin Rudd M Marcel Multiculturalism and diversity my sites News and Current Affairs Observations OzLit Personal poets and poetry Politics Pontification and raving racism Reading Reconciliation Religion Surry Hills Tony Abbott travel Web stuff Weird writing
Post tags19th century poetry 20th century poetry Add new tag African Australians Anzac Day art Australia human rights Australian culture Australian history Australian poetry Banjo Paterson Best Read of 2006 Best Read of 2007 Bible Burma capital punishment China forbidden topic Christianity citizenship culture war culture wars environment ex-students/coachees family stories fiction folly Friday poem global warming health history Howard government human rights insanity interesting lives interfaith Iran Iraq Islam John Howard Judith Wright Julie Bishop Kenneth Slessor Kiribati Lord Malcolm M's trip mardi gras meet a blog memes milestones Miranda Devine music Myanmar Pacific Solution peace photography public stupidity Rabbit racism Redfern refugees reminiscing Robert Gray satire Sirdan social justice South Sydney Uniting Church Sydney teachers teaching The Mine The Shire US politics writers
- Climate Change Sceptics please note:
The Great Global Warming Swindle Swindle. Go here for the real story. POST UPDATED AND EXPANDED 16 July 2007.
See also How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic from 3 Quarks Daily.
Nine Lies About Climate Change (2008).
The Discovery of Global Warming -- on the Web site of the Center for History of Physics of the American Institute of Physics.
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.
This blog may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. This material is distributed without profit. The writings and opinions written on this weblog do not necessarily represent any organisation(s) the writer may be affiliated with.
Since 6 April 2006!
- 354,462 hits